Sunday, February 8, 2009

6 Months & Sunshine

Savannah turned 6 months on Feb. 6th. We had a very busy day with 6 month pictures at Lundies, a 6 month check-up with the pediatrician (and shots), and best of all...a half birthday party for Savannah that night. Nana, Grandad, Uncle Waylon, Aunt Robin, and Noah came over for a spaghetti dinner and family time. Savannah's "stats" from her check-up are as follows:

Weight: 16lbs.12oz.
Length: 26"
Head Circumference: 41 1/2 cm

Such a big girl...sitting up by herself now.

I am a fashion icon!

"What a long day it has been!"

We had 70 degree weather here in Raleigh over the weekend. Savannah was very tired with a fever on Saturday (due to the immunization shots Friday), so we weren't able to get out until Sunday. We went for a walk in the neighborhood and hung out on the lawn with Kaleb. Savannah absolutely enjoyed being outside in the sunshine.

Mommy and Savannah soaking in some sunshine!

What a cutie!


On Saturday, I took Kaleb to the vet due to his limping on one leg. The vet gave me the worst news...Kaleb has a bone tumor. We were there 2 weeks ago and this tumor did not show up on the x-rays, so the vet has determined that it is growing at a rapid pace. This rapid pace indicates a not so good prognosis. I'm sorry to say that my companion for the last 9 years will have to be put to sleep in the near future. He is on pain medication to keep him comfortable, but the vet told me to brace myself that he will begin to get worse and there will come a point where he is just not comfortable any longer. Kaleb has been with me through so much and has seen my life become the blessing that it is today. Sean made me see that maybe he feels like I can do without him now. I'm going to continue to think in this manner, but I will miss him with all of my heart! Here a few snapshots of Kaleb. The first one was taken today (Sunday) as he sat outside with Savannah and I.















2 comments:

Robin, Waylon, Noah and Kylie said...

You made me cry. I'm so sorry Andrea.

Anonymous said...

you made me cry too, Andrea-
I can relate to how much you love him and how much he has been thru with you - I have had my chucky for 13 years now-
I am so sorry, I know this will be hard for you, and I agree with Sean- Caleb knows he is leaving you in good hands with lots of love around you!
My thoughts will be with you!