Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Bundle of Fun!



Savannah has had a wonderful 2nd week of life. She is getting into a groove with a feeding and sleeping schedule. Two night feedings (usually around 11:30/12:00 and then again between 3:00 and 5:00, but typically she has been waking up around 5:15). So, I consider this pretty good for a 2 week old. I usually set my alarm to let me know when 5 hours have passed during the night, but she is so good she typically waits until right before it is to go off and let's me know she is hungry. Well, for the hungry part... our sweet Savannah has a very hard time staying awake when nursing. We have tried everything to keep her awake. Sean will tickle, sing (that could wake the dead), and undress her all the way to the diaper...but nothing works! We have started waking her up thoroughly after a nap by putting her in Cousin Noah's bouncy seat by herself (only in her diaper) and bascially making her quite angry. That will wake her up for the first 15 min of feeding and then we have to try something else. I'm told she will grow out of this "milk coma" stage soon. I hope so b/c a nursing session that should take about 30 min. is lasting almost an hour with waking her up. Above is a pic of our little girl in a self induced milk coma.
Did I mention that Savannah is quite the drama queen? I have no idea where this comes from! She is so funny! She will throw her hands over her face as if to say "Really...you want me to sleep now!" Here is a pic of of her pure DRAMA!
Savannah is our little angel. We fall more and more in love everyday. She is definitely "daddy's little girl" already. It won't be long before she has him completely wrapped around her little finger!









No comments: